Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thoughts of a Nomad

.....and she said " I don't wanna go back to them, they always quarrel, shouting at each other each time and they spank me a lot of times".


Her aunt listening to her felt the innocent rebellion of this little girl. Just turned 5 and barely K2 but has so much to offer. It made her Aunt realized that life is not about being adult but as a human being susceptible to any form of violence and restlessness of this world.


Our society's basic unit, the FAMILY often neglect what the children has to say about things. Parents neglect to see how they feel about each violence that the adults have mastered overtime, they neglect the fact that by doing so they have corrupted young minds that are about to bloom creating their own perception of the world by their own visual experience. What the children see is what they get and what they see is what they are going to believe in and will mold their lives as they grow up.


....and she added " I miss my Mom, I'm afraid for her, she is alone now but even then I still don't wanna go back. I like it here, more....".


Her inclination to avoid what's harsh is an early recognition of  this endless and painful reality of life and how to cope with each unpleasant experience. She just wanted to go away and live in peace with her Aunt who is cool, calm, and single at 47. Her parents are too weak to defend her innocence, too selfish to think of their own feelings and their own desire to express dissatisfaction over their unhealthy relationship. How could that be? She didn't choose to be here but was brought here by parents who are too irresponsible to see what lies ahead. Now she is bearing the fruit of her parent's carelessness. For sure, she longs for a motherly hug or a fatherly cuddle but that didn't stop her from wanting her own peace. Too sad that she can only get it outside of what she could have called her FAMILY.


I could not tell you how sad I am in writing this, because I am her Mother....and I am dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment